Thursday, November 15, 2007

My Favorite Turntablists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






I have talked about turntablism in previous posts so if you want to see more then ya gotta dig a little!

Kid Koala-absolute all time favorite Dj! When I listened to his first album Carpal Tunnel Syndrome cuttin up records started to sound like something that would be fun to do!! His subliminal use of samples and plain old SKILLS are innovative to a degree few have approached.

Rob Swift-One of the most talented/influential turntablists of all time. Hes got the smooth mojo hand and as many tricks as anybody. An actual Scratch Professor at the famed Scratch Academy, he also has a nice site!

Kool Herc-Obvious choice! Father of Breakbeats, matrix of Hiphop culture, the man that truly makes the ground pound. While you have probably not heard his actual mixes you hear his influence every time a dj lowers his stylus and starts breaking down beats.

Grand Wizzard Theodore-Reclaiming that title from my ohso ignorant brothers at the KKK, Theodore is THE INVENTOR OF SCRATCHING, THE. Need I say more? This is the guy, that first made the taboo act of TOUCHING THE VINYL ok for all the rest of us audiophiles! Also an instructor at the afforementioned academy. Infinite respect sir!!

Dragonfish Killswitch-If this surprises you that means you havent been paying attention. Damn straight Im one of my own favorite turntablists, if I wasnt Id be wasting my time! Check my music out, give a listen to Nuwabu7-1, and then please tell me anybody that does what I do better than I do it, because I would sincerely LOVE to hear it!! FOR REAL


Thank you for reading this please leave a comment or Digg me!!
DF

No comments: